More and more people are opting for online shopping and home delivery as these seem to be less risky options amid the coronavirus outbreak. However, in order to make sure your deliveries are safe, it is important to take a few necessary precautions.
Here are a few tips to help you receive your packages and deliveries safely.
1. Ask the delivery person to leave the parcel at your doorstep to avoid direct contact if possible.
2. Pay in advance and avoid currency exchange.
3. Wash your hands before as well as after picking the deliveries from your door.
4. For cleaning items like fruits and vegetables, simply run them under the faucet.
5. Use a disinfectant spray or disinfecting wipes to clean other items.
6. Research shows that the virus can live for about 24 hours on cardboard and around 72 hours and on plastic and steel. In the case of non-perishable items, you can let the parcel sit for an appropriate amount of time before handling it.
7. For perishable items, remove and throw away the outer packaging if possible) and put them directly in your refrigerator. Make sure to wash your hands afterward.
8. Disinfect the surfaces that your parcel or bag may have touched.
9. If you are willing to leave a tip, try to do it electronically.
Stay healthy, stay safe.