The importance of being environmentally conscious cannot be emphasized enough. There is so much we can do without bringing in any sudden or drastic change in our everyday lives. These little steps add up to create a bigger impact.
Here are 10 effective tips that’ll help you lead a more Eco-friendly lifestyle.
1. Reduce waste generation by carrying a metal water bottle, metal straw and a cloth shopping bag whenever you head out.
2. Drive less. Look for more environment-friendly ways to commute. Walk to cover short distances. Or better yet, take up cycling!
3. Go paperless. Ditch notepads and sticky notes and use your phone for note-taking.
4. Think twice before discarding stuff. Search for ways to reuse glass bottles, newspapers, clothes etc.
5. Hand-washing clothes not only helps save water, but it also makes them last longer. Also, Use a drying line or rack instead of a powered dryer to save power.
6. ‘Bucket bathing’ may seem rather an old school, but it is much eco-friendlier.
7. Most of the things we use in our daily lives have better, more sustainable alternatives. Help save trees by ditching your regular napkins.
8. There are a number of brands out there, which are doing their bit in protecting the planet.
9. If you are an avid reader, avoid buying new books and look for refurbished and used ones.
10. Chemical laden commercial cleaning products can hamper your health as well as the environment. Use household ingredients to make your very own natural and safer cleaners.
Remember, every action counts.